It is getting closer -finally! The training sessions are becoming easier with the same intensity thus I hope that is a good sign for my training.
Nevertheless even that week I learned something new which is a friend saying a lot ("If I would get a euro for every time I am saying slow down a little bit, I would be a millionaire"), not only towards me :). I still have to cycle a lot at the moment because it is my weakest part of triathlon in my opinion. During the week I try to go swimming 3 times a week for about an hour, just to keep the status. Additionally to this I go 4 times a week cycling on average. Last week I really had to admit that one cycling group is going too hard for my purpose of training. They have a complete different objective than I have. Their objective is to be completely "dead" after training. Then they have a day or couple of days to recover. Different to me, my Tuesday training is normally active recovery that means to do sport with a very low heart rate to support the muscles to recover. With this group it is way higher than my active recovery zone is. Last week my body really signalized to have a break on Wednesday -so I did.
Nevertheless even that week I learned something new which is a friend saying a lot ("If I would get a euro for every time I am saying slow down a little bit, I would be a millionaire"), not only towards me :). I still have to cycle a lot at the moment because it is my weakest part of triathlon in my opinion. During the week I try to go swimming 3 times a week for about an hour, just to keep the status. Additionally to this I go 4 times a week cycling on average. Last week I really had to admit that one cycling group is going too hard for my purpose of training. They have a complete different objective than I have. Their objective is to be completely "dead" after training. Then they have a day or couple of days to recover. Different to me, my Tuesday training is normally active recovery that means to do sport with a very low heart rate to support the muscles to recover. With this group it is way higher than my active recovery zone is. Last week my body really signalized to have a break on Wednesday -so I did.
Actually y while I write this I have learnt 2 things. First, to slow down a little (which is not my strength) and second to stick with my training zones or with the training breaks which are scheduled.
Thursday I continued with the normal training rhythm and went swimming. The rest of the week was the focus to make hours on the bike. Friday 2 hours, Saturday 3.5 hours and Sunday 4.5 hours.
Thursday I continued with the normal training rhythm and went swimming. The rest of the week was the focus to make hours on the bike. Friday 2 hours, Saturday 3.5 hours and Sunday 4.5 hours.
Saturday I cycled the Peter Weening tour which was actually very nice except the rainy weather. Sunday I explored the north of Groningen and a little bit of Friesland.
First I followed the LF14 from Groningen to the Lauwersmeer. Then I followed the boards to Leeuwarden over the many little villages which are probably still cities as Friesland has more cities as Groningen ;). Just before Leeuwarden I turned back to Groningen. So have 4.5. hours cycling alone and even enjoy it, I came happy back :)
For an overview a little map:
First I followed the LF14 from Groningen to the Lauwersmeer. Then I followed the boards to Leeuwarden over the many little villages which are probably still cities as Friesland has more cities as Groningen ;). Just before Leeuwarden I turned back to Groningen. So have 4.5. hours cycling alone and even enjoy it, I came happy back :)
For an overview a little map:
The competition is getting closer and so is my training time getting less. I am really looking forward to it.

No comments:
Post a Comment