In the last week I have had quite a lot of intense training thanks to HJ. The beginning of the week was pretty normal. But from Thursday on it became very intense. It started with it that I have bought new running shoes. They have been recommended in an article of our club Triathlon paper. I got curious and went to the running shop to try the shoes. I loved the feeling to run with them. So I am now a proud owner and runner of Newton shoes :). But before I could go running HJ convinced me of joining the cycle training of Tritanium to improve my speed in cycling (which is in my opinion too slow as well). We had nice but pretty tough interval training. Already during the training I was looking forward to go running and try the new shoes :). Thus arrived at home I put the new shoes on and ran just a very short round of 20min to get used to the new running feeling, which is completely different to the running feeling I am used to it. BUT I did not know that can have a double muscle pain - OMG. The first part came from the cycle training in the upped leg. The second one was in the lower leg because of the new shoes and the different running style which I still need to adapt more. The Friday training had been changed to be still able to train but forget the damn pain as well :S.
Saturday I commit another mistake, I went too long running with the new shoes after the swim training. It went well but the running muscle pain came back :D and for Sunday was a long cycle tour organized.
So on Sunday the start of the tour felt not the best but it became better and better with cycling (but I still skipped running after the tour and went to the lake). The tour was really nice because this time we were in a little group out of 6 people so there was the chance to talk and to stay behind the other cycler :)

No comments:
Post a Comment